Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Black Square Project InDesign


1. The first step of this assignment was to make our own thumbnails. We used a T-Square and triangles to make 12 perfect thumbnails, that were all equally the same size and equally spaced.

2. Once we made the thumbnails, we designed our images we were going to use, using only 4 black squares to create the image of a certain word.

3. We then went into Adobe Illustrator and started making the individual images and then making another square with the definition of the word.

4. Then, we made our dummy of what the original book would look like, making sure there were margins, and everything was measured and equally spaced.

5. The final step of the Black Square Project was in InDesign.

6. Using the dummy to help figure out the layout of the book, I made 4 pages and placed the images from Adobe Illustrator into InDesign.

7. Once I placed the squares in the right places, according to the dummy, I placed the page numbers on each page.

8. I then made the cover page and added an autobiogrpahy to the back page. I had a photograph taken of myself to put on the back cover.

9. Once I printed out the final book, I used the stitcher to bind the book together. I took photographs of it and the various contents.

The overall project goal was to make a book using only 4 squares of the same size to create each image of tension, increase, playful, congestion, bold, and order. On each page there were 2 squares, one with the definiton of the word and the image of the word. It was good that I was able to design the book exactly the way I wanted to, using InDesign. I learned a lot about Adoble Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop while doing this project.
The actual images that are included in the book are added at the very beginning of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment