Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Animation Magazine Design


This was the first step of the assignment, to design our own character. The second step consisted of scanning the image into the computer using the Epson scanner, and then using Adobe Illustrator to use the pen tool and outline the entire image. After outlining the image, I made a duplicate layer and began working in layers to separate the hat, hair, face, shirt, arms, etc. After outlining the individual parts I then colored each part of the character. In some cases I used the gradient tool.

The final step consisted of creating a title, subtitle, three teasers, the volume and date, and a barcode for the front cover page of a magazine. I then made another layer for the background and added a drop shadow to the baseball field. The background was all done using the pen tool and the marquee tool. Then I finally added the character to the cover and placed him in the right place.


The purpose of this assignment was to manipulate the pen tool and get a feel for using different fonts and setting the reader up visually to attract their attention. The pen tool I learned from this project is very handy and great to make shapes, characters, or anything.
The only difficulty I had was trying to undo some of the pen outlines to adjust the direction of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment